Saturday, September 14, 2013

Origami Alien Version 2.0

     Last Week, I had designed a new origami model. My friend, also an origami enthusiast, told me that my first origami alien's major downside was that it couldn't stand. Here is a picture of it:

 I thought this might be due to the short and puny hind legs. In order to fix this problem. I decided that if I incorporated less paper to the head, and more to the legs they can be longer. So instead of using paper of 1/4n^2, I used 1/9n^2, where n is the side length.
Along the way, I discovered, that by making some changes, I could add toes. The front arms become smaller, but by using a trick I discovered, I can make them a bit longer. The body is also too long, so I shortened it by making three pleats, which shortens the model, adds detail, and allows the model to be curved. So the finished result looks like this:


I think it's pretty good. The lighting in the photo is bad, so the arms isn't so clear. For this model, I used metallic shadow paper, I do not know what type of fibers/technique this paper is. Most people who I tell them that I designed it, they say either that I am lying, or I used a computer. Those people don't know me so well. 

Thank you for taking your time to read this, or taking your time to skip the boring parts, and thank you for staring in awe at the picture and not believing that I designed it. Thank you very much.






No comments:

Post a Comment