Friday, August 16, 2013

Origami Pazoola





     I went to the first annual Origami Palooza. I entered two origami's into the competition. One was the Divine Dragon designed by Satoshi Kamiya, and the other was Alien Creature, designed by me. See a picture of it here: Alien Creature.

   

     First thing I did when I got there was fill out two forms and turn in my models for the contest. Then I wandered around the instruction tables. Everything there was either something I made before, or something I can learn just by looking at it, so I decided to get a sheet of paper and doodle (fold randomly, not draw). Later, they announced the winners. After what seemed like, two minutes, I heard my name. They had a hard time finding my model on the table, so I had to help them. Turns out, my Divine Dragon won me an award for complexity. I got a book with nothing complex inside. Later on, I discovered that they had mixed up the prizes, and I was suppose to have gotten a thirteen and three fourths inch square paper, but since they ran out of that, I kept my book and got a fifteen centimeter square paper. I still wish I had the bigger paper, since I couldn't make much out of fifteen centimeters.



 


     Anyway, I had a pretty good time and won about ten dollars, so I was pretty happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment