Thursday, June 8, 2017

Origami PogChamp

If you ask any twitch.tv frequenter what the most iconic part of twitch is, they'll tell you that it is the emotes. The little faces are used by twitch chatters millions of times a day. The popularity of the emotes can partially be attributed to their ability to express facial and intonation cues through text.

like so...

Recently, I have also become incredibly interested in faces. Just like the twitch chatters who use tiny little faces to express their feelings, I've been trying to communicate through origami masks.

Notice that I said I am "trying to communicate through the masks. I'm still learning the skills to be able to create accurately the faces I imagine, and to be honest, there hasn't been many feelings recently I want to express. 


This is the first mask I folded. It's pretty generic, and I folded it mostly because I really, really wanted to fold a mask. Either way, I like it.


I finished this Viking face yesterday. The eyes are covered as a reference to tf2's tyrant's helm. Despite the extra creases in the beard (they're there because I folded it over a course of a few weeks), I'm very proud of the beard. Still, the beard is far more complex than the face, and overall, it is not balanced.

Meh, that's it. Expect more masks and faces and things in the future. Cya.


No comments:

Post a Comment